Papaya Bread is the new Banana Bread. For those baking up a storm at home, this recipe puts a twist to the classic loaf, making use of a mix of other tropical fruit.
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup muscovado sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup papaya puree
½ cup oil
½ cup water
1 tbsp vinegar
pulp of 2 passion fruits (optional)
zest of 1 lime/lemon
- Preheat oven to 360F. Line medium-sized loaf pan with oil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, mix papaya puree, oil, water, and vinegar. Whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix until you no longer see any flour. Do not over mix.
- Fold in passionfruit seeds and zest. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the oven for 10 minutes.
Get your ingredients for this papaya bread recipe while celebrating the summer (and the monsoon seasons) when you subscribe to our seasonal fruit share.
One thought on “Papaya bread Recipe”